<div><img src="http://ackbarr.xoops.org/images/xhelp_slogo.png" title="xhelp" alt="xhelp" align="left" style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 5px;"/>xhelp is a user-friendly helpdesk / trouble ticket application for the XOOPS portal system. Designed to work with XOOPS 2.0.6+.</div>
We are proud to announce that xHelp 0.77 is now available. This version adds a customizable staff index page, letting a staff member use a saved search on their front page. It also gives users the ability to upload more than 1 file with their ticket, and the ability to upload a file during a response.
For a full changelog see the release notes.
In response to a security bug discovered by Brian Erdelyi @ SecurityHive.com that allowed users to view other users tickets, we have released xhelp 0.71 to address this issue. In addition we included a couple bug fixes for xhelp 0.7. All users are recommended to upgrade to the latest package.
Changes in 0.71:
1. Fixed email activation link not being sent to new users (eric_juden)
2. Fixed uploading files with undefined mimetypes bug (eric_juden)
3. Fixed bug for ticket subject length being too short in edit ticket (eric_juden)
4. Fixed bug for fatal error while in staff profiles (eric_juden)
5. Security!!! Fixed bug for users being allowed to look at other user's tickets (eric_juden)
_Vlad_ sent us a note today that xHelp 0.7 has been translatated into Portuguese. We have added the Portuguese langugage translation files to the File Releases for 0.7 and have added the files to CVS.
Thanks goes to _Vlad_ for the support!
The EPC module development team is proud to announce the immediate availability of [url=http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1058]xhelp 0.7[/url], encompassing several feature requests and bug fixes. All users are recommended to upgrade to the latest version.
1. Auto-create user profiles during ticket submission (eric_juden / ackbarr)
2. Improved Form validation during ticket / response submission (eric_juden)
3. Display available filetypes for upload (eric_juden)
4. [b]Customizable Permission roles for staff members[/b] (eric_juden)
5. Email template modifications (alanjuden)
6. Highlight overdue tickets (overdue time customizeable in options) (eric_juden)
7. Increased size of ticket subject to 100 characters (eric_juden)
8. Search for tickets by assignment in the staff view all tickets page (ackbarr)
9. [b]Ticket submission via POP3 Email[/b] (Nazar Aziz / ackbarr)
10. Ability to set default department (eric_juden)
11. Mail event log to track email submission problems (eric_juden)
12. Changed all database tables to lowercase (eric_juden)
13. PHP 5 support (eric_juden / ackbarr)
For the full list of changes and instructions how to upgrade, please read the [url=http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/shownotes.php?group_id=1058&release_id=324]Release Notes[/url]
Irmtfan sent us a note today that xHelp 0.6 has been translatated into Persian. We have added the Persian langugage translation files to the File Releases for 0.6 and have added the files to CVS.
Thanks goes to Irmtfan for the support!
Predator sent me a note today that xHelp 0.6 has been translatated into German by Feichtl. I have added the German langugage translation files to the File Releases for 0.6 and have added the files to CVS.
Thanks goes to both for the support!