Lost Password?

Register now!
Project: Google Maps
Summary   News   Forums   Trackers   Bugs   Support  
Patches   Features   Tasks   Files   CVS  

Posted By: phatbloke
Date: 2006-05-19 19:23
Summary:GoogleMap Version 0.4

At last after me being lazy and a fair few modifications I have made the module capable of using the Googlemap V2 which has the capabilities of heaps more features along with the main function of displaying a fair chunk of Europe. I have actually been running this for a while on my site although just didnt get around to adding in the upgrade scripts etc needed. It also gave me time to iron out any other lingering bugs. I'm sure this will help a lot of you where your country was not previously mapped. Please read the readme as there is a sqlupdate to run as google have changed the way the zoom levels work so that in time they can add greater zooms with higher quality photos. Finally there probably wont be any more updates on this module for at least 4 months as I am off traveling around Europe soon (hence the upgrade) although any feed back is greatly appreciated and also suggestions for enhancements. If there are any problems please let me know and I will try fix them. Installation: 1. Just unpack and upload to modules directory as usual 2. Install in module administration 3. Configure module in prefs 4. Obtain an api for your site from google. Link is given in the config page. 5. Add your categories and points from the module menu. Upgrading: 1. Upgrade module in xoops admin 2. Run update script to adjust zoom levels http://www.yousite.com/modules/googlemaps/admin/sqlupdate.php 3. Login as admin and in preferences / google maps set a map type otherwise the sidebar will not display Change log Version 0.4 -Added code to handle V2 of the google API making europe maps available -Added ability to choose a map type to display as default -Fixed Shifted sidebar to the side of the map to help if categories get too big

Discussion Forums: Version 0.4

TopicTopic StarterRepliesLast Post

Start a New Thread:

'>You could post if you were logged in