Register now!

Re: Unable to access CVS for xHelp project

From Memphis, TN, USA
Group:
Forge Developers
Registered Users
Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
RE: SVN, odd that SF does not have a permission system in-place. Our local install uses a combination of mod_ntlm (for user authentication), and a SVN access file to control which user accounts can do what. Works amazingly well and stable.

Seems odd to me too. I haven't looked at it myself yet, I got that info from Skalpa.

Posted on: 2006/3/31 11:24
_MD_TRANSFER_DESC _MD_TRANSFER

Home away from home
rank4823bd3e90096.gif
Group:
Forge Developers
Thanks glen for the response. Thanks also for the link to the site status page. I couldn't find it since the redesign.

RE: SVN, odd that SF does not have a permission system in-place. Our local install uses a combination of mod_ntlm (for user authentication), and a SVN access file to control which user accounts can do what. Works amazingly well and stable.

Posted on: 2006/3/31 11:09

From Memphis, TN, USA
Group:
Forge Developers
Registered Users
Regarding SourceForge CVS status: They are down due to a hardware failure and expect 48 hours minimum. Here's the site status page: http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/

About SVN, I just heard from Skalpa that they moved the core to SVN some time ago and just got it loaded into SourceForge's new SVN support. There is some discussion on what to do with the module dev work, but no decisions yet. One downside to SVN currently is that there are apparently no controls for who can do what (no permissions system).

So in answer to your query, no it isn't possible to move xhelp to SVN now.

Posted on: 2006/3/31 10:07
_MD_TRANSFER_DESC _MD_TRANSFER

Unable to access CVS for xHelp project
Home away from home
rank4823bd3e90096.gif
Group:
Forge Developers
Sometime this week both eric_juden and I can no longer connect to the SF CVS server. I had originally thought it to be a temporary issue with the CVS server, but now I am not so sure.

The problem:
Any CVS action that requires authentication is failing with an error: "end of file from server (consult above messages if any)"

CVS connection details:
CVS Server - :ext:ackbarr@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xoops
CVS Module - /modules/xhelp

Anonymous checkout works fine, as does browsing the repository using sf's web interface. I checked SF's status page for any mention of a downtime but did not see any

Before I go to our network administrators to troubleshoot the problem from their end, I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem.

A second question: I noticed that the XOOPS project has svn support enabled for it. We have moved all our internal projects to svn, and would be interested in moving xhelp over to it as well. Is this possible?

Posted on: 2006/3/31 8:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.